Saturday, 22 June 2019

The “I Should Have Heard This” Collection


A while back there was a wee discussion between fellow travellers on the merits of Coldwave / Darkwave / Minimal Synth / Synth-pop and possibly Drum Machine Goth / Electro / Industrial. I had a look through my insignificant collection and found that I have quite a bit of this massive cross connected, cross pollinated, cross genre of blindingly good music. I therefore thought I should share some of it with the unsuspecting of you out there who just download anything that looks remotely interesting.
I have created 5 distinct folders (that collectively weigh in at 1.35GB) containing 128 choons! No art work could ever contain the awesomeness of these folders, indeed the folders themselves are bursting at the seams with the recently dead bodies and the ancient rotting corpse of bands who quite rightly are long dead, mainly one single and gone, phantoms from the late 70’s and early 80’s. Understanding the impact that Punk and New Wave had on the independently minded young bands of the day, who saw the evolution of the synthesizer from mindless widdling by legendary keyboardists to a Moog Synth as a way to avoid the monotony and mindless numbing of long term unemployment in late 70’s Britain. Add a tinny beat box and droning vocals, mumble something about Buddha and you’re off. It also helped if you lived in Sheffield.



The first collection of MP3’s is filled to the brim with 29 legendary bands such as;

Mekanik Kommando
Red Violet Red
Hohokam
Kalashnikov
Necropolis Of Love
New Law Nightmare
Days Of Sorrow
Thirteen At Midnight

Dip In…you might like it.
 


9 comments:

  1. I lived in San Francisco when Necropolis of Love was happening. What a great band. I wish I didn't live in the US with a puny allotment of 10gb per month for 40 dollars.......lol. I'm sure I'm going to love it. Hopefully it has Talk To Me by Necropolis. It does............great post thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you love it FiveGunsWest

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That depends on your download allowance Fabio

      Delete
  3. Sheffield, sure! But even Italian pianura Padana.
    https://open.spotify.com/track/7jw22xpylcXidT3mcQChMK?si=ZlFcyrxFSzG1NaBk5AaKzw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a nice break AJ.
    Looking forward to hearing to a lot of unheard
    tracks, thanks. -Timebender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have heard some, you may wish to never hear some again, you may even wish that you had hear some earlier...but yes I had a nice break and managed to rummage in some old crates

      Delete
  5. Blasted in the afternoon to escape the damned boys next door crying and wailing... Good and distracting listen, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s another 4 more to come. Distracting is their middle name Fabio

      Delete