Friday, 31 May 2019

Living In A Box


A friend of the band lived in a small council flat in Sheffield, England prompting him to remark in conversation "I feel like I'm living in a cardboard box!", which became the name for the band, the title of their debut album and their biggest selling single. All of which I’m sure you needed to know before you scroll on down to the previous post. But No! Hold that thought traveller, for this is actually worthy of your attention. Produced by Richard James Burgess (wiki-link) this synth-lite 12” bounces along with a wry smirk knowing that it was going to be a hit before it was released. Simple, smart and produced with all the tricks, bells and whistles, you could throw in the mix, for good measure.



Found lurking in a box of unwanted stuff and ripped to smooth MP3 @ 320kbps

Living In A Box; Living In A Box 12”

A.     Living In A Box (Dance Mix)
B.     Living In A Box (Penthouse Mix)


 


4 comments:

  1. Cranking out LOUD with headphones... I must say that I'm having a good time!
    As always THANKS AJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all seriousness it is aimed at the synth-pop pop chart dross of 1987 when Stock, Aitken and Waterman ruled supreme. It could have been much worse

      Delete
  2. A Young band from Paris... loving them.
    FREE DOWNLOAD ON Bandcamp:

    https://fiasco.bandcamp.com/album/duel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH
      MY
      GOD!

      Lovely (free helps) but still bloody brilliant

      Delete