Saturday, 1 June 2019

In The Name Of Love


The fourth single from the Thompson Twins sees them in territory that would become more the norm in the future. The first of 12 singles on the US dance music chart "In the Name of Love" went to number one and promptly stayed there for five weeks. The band was still a respectable septet back then with no real aspirations of becoming a chart band, but this single changed them irreparably into a bubbly trio of useless fuckwits.



Again ripped by DjPaulT to 12 inches of FLAC

Thompson Twins; In The Name Of Love 12”

A.     In The Name Of Love (12” Dance Extension)
B1.  In The Beginning
B2.  Coastline

 


35 comments:

  1. The words "useless fuckwits" call me to mind this band (that I moderately love):
    http://myzuka.club/Album/657946/Drab-Majesty-Careless-2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one could have been in my 2018 top 5...
    If discovered early!

    https://suir.bandcamp.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of Drab Majesty ‎- Completely Careless (2012-2015)
    if interested Fabio & AJ.
    -Timebender

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interested? Sure!
    If you have time and will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll post in a few hours Fabio.
    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or a few minutes...

      Another band I forgot to follow up with that seem quite good.
      Thanks for reminding me Fabio.

      DRAB MAJESTY - Completely Careless (2012-2015)

      https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/4UJiLUGa/file.html

      - Timebender

      Delete
    2. Thanks 'bender!
      Good stuff for deceive insomnia.. or accompany her with good listening at least.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Paisa' if you need some other stuff..
    Ask and I comb my hard disks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested in putting together some sort
      of Coldwave/Darkwave old and new stuff comp. I don't
      think I have enough material to pull from. Maybe AJ
      and yourself would like to gather some top songs?
      - Timebender

      Delete
    2. Coming back to this as it is an interesting idea, one I would be up for contributing to.

      Delete
    3. I am surprised you haven't already got into the comp
      making game AJ. How about a 3 part comp, 80's, 90's
      & 2000's. Cherry pick a dozen or so from each period,
      and I will piggyback what I can contribute. Just include
      the release year date for tagging purposes. Take your
      time as I will try and make good artwork, unless
      you would like to make it.

      Delete
    4. I used to make CD comps for the car, but since I bought a Classic iPod I've just let that play away on Shuffle.

      I'll cherry pick a few stompers

      Delete
    5. I had some spare time so I got a head start on some
      possible artwork. I was just wondering what term you
      refer to this sub genre as Dark or Cold wave. I
      find myself using the term Dark/Wave more often.
      I need to pick one for a simple title.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    6. If used liberally I take Coldwave to include Minimal Synth/Synth-Goth and Darkwave to include Electro-Goth.

      There are always crossover bands like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, Chris & Cosy, Clock DVA, Early Ministry...Wax Trax!

      Electro-Synth starts maybe with Being Boiled or Nag Nag Nag but they're both Dark and Cold Wave at the same time as Minimal Synth.

      If we only focus on the Drum-Machine driven bands like Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, there's no synth

      Do we need guidance or should we just put together our favourite bands/songs which include the use of synths and/or drum-machines?

      Delete
    7. Pull your favorite tracks as initally proposed 80's, 90's
      2000's but also include the late 70's crossover and influential
      synth & post punk stuff. I am going to assemble it chronologically
      accurate to the year only to keep things simple. I am in search of
      a new title for this set for the front cover. Any suggestions?

      Thanks for the above mentioned insight regarding these compatible
      sub genres. It helped clarify for me how this set should assembled.
      This is why I wanted you to lead with the iniital song selections.
      Like I said no rush, take your time. Maybe just start off with the
      early stuff to get the ball rolling and we'll gradually get through
      all the time periods.

      - Timebender

      Delete
    8. Personally I' ve always seen the thing in terms of guitar tone/ gain and feel... i am a Huge metal lover, but dividing listening in categories (macro categories)
      Rock pop wave
      Metal
      Blues jazz
      To me seem a limitation if "the Comp" must be composed only by say music played only with synths or by left handed bassists
      My 2 cents.

      Delete
    9. If the song fits the mood then by all means include it.
      I wouldn't mind focusing more on the types of bands
      AJ has laid out for this particular compilation however.
      These are some genres I enjoy but I am little less
      knowledgeable of compared to some others, that is why
      I am looking for your guys expertise and more vast
      collections to pull from.
      Anyways, we'll just put a cork in the collaboration
      for the time being.
      PS
      Fabio, I am a big fan of Thrash since its inception.
      I'll get you a copy of that comp when I make one.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  7. Timebender do you use Spotify?

    I love make some playlist for away-from-home moments. I prefer my files or CD LP obviously!

    Check this little one:

    https://open.spotify.com/user/ducediboia/playlist/0KvC1oJr6i7YsxOyD7y5ci?si=TOA5V6JWQKOX9Ti-oDL0eg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost never, but I will check out your playlist a little
      bit later Fabio, thanks.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    2. Thanks for Drab Majesty Timebender!
      I was listening to 2/3 tracks strimripped from their bandcamp... is another listen now!
      PS The Heiress is a killer track.

      Delete
    3. That is a good track, I am really diggin
      Everthing is Sentimental in particular.
      Great balance of electronic & organic
      vintage & modern.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  8. Here a band from Italy

    http://myzuka.club/Album/266349/Soviet-Soviet-Summer-Jesus-2011

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to check these guys out.
      Just listened to the song Contradiction, it Rocks!

      Also, I hope we are not monkeying up your
      comment section AJ.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I will probably setup a gmail dedicated for such
      activity Fabio, when I do I will send you a message.

      - Timebender

      Delete
    4. You guys can monkey with the comments, but as soon as you start dating you'll be asked to "Get A Room!"

      Delete
  9. Burn! good one AJ, I hope the weekend panned out as planned
    for ya.
    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weekend was ace, thanks for asking. Did you get manage to get some studio time?

      Delete
    2. My drum synth has been delayed until Wednesday arrival.
      I have decided to wait for the new piece of kit for
      fresh inspiration. Also, this will be my first proper
      electronic type gadget with built in sequence etc..
      I am more rooted as a guitar player first and foremost.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  10. What's your ideal guitar Timebender?
    I love telecasters, but my baby is a squier vintage mod. Jaguar (humbuckers) through Fender blues junior.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice of gear Fabio, funny you mention Jag.
    My main prize is a metallic blue 60's custom shop
    vintage replica. That is the only one I paid dearly for.
    I also use loads of inexpensive Mustangs for alternate tunings.
    Epiphone Sheraton hollow bodys for a nice tone as well.
    The whole Hot Rod Deluxe line in stereo, Deluxe Reverbs,
    Blues Juniors for amplification. And a unhealthy amount
    of stompboxes, double digits sick. Just to name a bit.
    That is cool that you play as well.
    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huhh that Sheraton what I want to caress that baby... boom boom

      Delete
    2. I think the Sheratons are one the best sounding
      guitars in that under a grand price point that
      I have played, well built and heavy for a hollow..
      Unlike some of the other Epiphones.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  12. I have a hand made head for half stack (nominally 50w) this is a Geloso tube radio modded with 6L6 but is unplayable at human volumes... when the final go... you got a distortion sensible to the fingers that can cause multiple orgasms in aficionados...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds interesting Fabio, I am thinking of parting
    with at least one of my Deluxe Reverbs (40w)to free up
    some extra cash for some other devices. Too much wattage
    for the home anyways, I kinda prefer pushing very low
    watt amps these days, also better for recording.
    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete