Wednesday, 28 February 2024

THE DIMENSION OF IMAGINATION

Sitting quietly in front of my PeeCee screens one evening in early February, I'd just finished downloading some new music from Bandcamp, and I felt a persistent irritation return, you know the kind that makes your cock sore?? Yeah…just like that!
OH, FOR FUCKS SAKE!! YES, YA FUCKING WEE BASTARDS!! FUCKING HELL!! I mean honestly, I thought that I'd need longer, much longer before that itch would raise its ugly purple head again, but it seems not.
So, with great trepidation I opened the comments section here to see what had been requested last for a repost...it was Echo And The Bunnymen's “Shine So Hard EP”, one of my all-time favourite singles from my late teens. Strangely it seemed to feel Okay to dig the file out from the external hard drive, find a suitable hosting page and upload it. Everything was all very simple and straight forward. I was going to add it to the original post here, but it didn't feel right to me. I had closed this page, yes there are the odd, very odd, downloads still available, but that’s because they're hosted on other sites apart from what became my main stay on s-megmah (told you I had an itch). It was only logical then that I should open a new blog, with a range of file hosts to minimise my exposure, and thus THE DIMENSION OF IMAGINATION was born from an irritation in my underpants.
TDOI will be a work in progress until I feel that I have Mr Mojo Rising ejaculating on all cylinders again. Blogger have already noticed that I have my tits out in my profile image and slapped a content warning page as you arrive, which is expected in today’s politically correct social media, but then they slapped a content warning on my Bronski Beat post??
Seriously! You Have Been Warned. Enter TDOI With An Open Mind!
Now then currently, as in this week, I’ve selected a series of Women int’ Rock albums/artists that you should probably check out. Included are Wendy O, Siouxsie, Cherie Curry, Lisa Gerrard, Jennifer Touch and Louise Patricia Crane with more to come. Posting will be a kinda scatter gun approach with no real structure, and reviews will be predominantly stolen from review pages and online magazines (giving credit where known). Music genres will generally be 80’s electro/darkwave/goth, 70’s and 80’s post-punk/punk/new wave and rock, 90’s rock and grunge, coming right up to current bands influenced by electro/darkwave/goth and  post-punk/punk and new wave. If you dig any of that, you’ll most likely dig TDOI.
FINALLY, if at some point when you download any of these files, maybe you could try saying something like “How Ya Goin’ Ya Auld Cun’t?” What do ya‘all think?? It would be a start for all you lurkers and shadow keyboard warriors to open up…(Fuckers)!

Click on the links below and let’s see how the future works out.

 


You know that you have to sneak a peek, so com’on everybody

THE DIMENSION OF IMAGINATION awaits

29 comments:

  1. Welcome back, my friend, to the show that never ends. See ya at TDOI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye Nathan, ya auld fart!! Did ya miss me twice as much as aw'body else big man?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a welcome surprise! I guess you have to be over the age of consent to get The Age Of Consent? Welcome back AJ, ya auld c###!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonder, ya wee bastard! even a wee bairn can click a tab that's gonna let them into the naughty sites

      Delete
  4. How Ya Goin’ Ya Auld Cun’t?
    srsly thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fell off my chair reading this post. HA!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers ya auld fart...and don't fall off yer chair again

      Delete
  6. civitates mortuorum salutant vos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and greetings to you, from the Necropolis

      Delete
  7. Impressive! Very glad to see you back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you'd gone out for a curry. You were gone awhile, so I guess there was a queue. Welcome home and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The queue stretched all the way past the three Chinese Takeaways, The four Fish & Chip Takeaways, The two Kebab Shops, One Domino's, One Thai Restaurant (that did home deliveries) and eventually the Turkish Meze Bar before the Indian Joi Restaurant said they could take my order. KFC, Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King, Greggs, Starbucks and Costa also made it into the queue during daylight hours. Happy fucking New Year zipper

      Delete
  9. Any chance of getting that BAGS collection back-up for DL? Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, the source code for the blog page is being a cunt...right click on the page and search for "open in reading mode" (Google Chrome)...it's a temp fix but not seemingly available on Firefox/Opera or other browsers. The link is still active...and I would have copied it in here...but you've decided to be unknown instead of naming your self...

      Delete
    2. Its Muddy Mike... The interface would not allow me to enter anything but Anonymous... Thank you for the follow up reply. Same with this reply - no other option but Anon'.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thank you for finally fucking noticing

      Delete

  11. Hey,
    I will be happy to be admitted to https://tdoi-1.blogspot.com/
    how to pledge allegiance?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Seriously, just say Hey on tdoi...I only bite when I'm hungry

      Delete
  13. Lucky you're not starving.
    I'm probably wrong, but wasn't tdoi in private mode a while ago?
    Sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a comment on another blog saying that they wanted access, so I lifted the Adult Content warning. It was only there because of my offensive language

      Delete