Monday, 24 February 2020

The Foreign Resort - Orange Glow


Hailing from Copenhagen, Denmark, the band combines the shadowy mysticism of The Cure’s Pornography era with a driving production aesthetic akin to LCD Soundsystem. Intricate reverb-enveloped guitar lines glide over the motorik bass and powerful drumming, all while the taut and sincere vocal demands your attention. ‘Orange Glow’ deserves a special mention for its dark hard hitting atmospheric edginess, driving, guitar-laden music with a slight 80′s new wave and post-punk feel. Remnants of Killing Joke and Joy Division lay in the Foreign Resort’s wake as they pick up random sonic body parts left by bands ranging from The White Lies to U2. The slower movements are sparse, cold, and emotional, earth wrenching enough to make Ian Curtis smile.
I’ve touched on The Foreign Resort before with their Part Time Punks session release. Here you have access to their earlier, harsher, darker release The Foreign Resort, a cold-blooded, solid and brutal crowbar of an EP that really should open doors, with this two track sampler that is so very more-ish. 


Available as a name your price download from The Foreign Resort bandcamp page in the format of your choice, or as an MP3 @ 320kbps

The Foreign Resort; Orange Glow (Edit)

1.      Orange Glow (Edit)
2.      Opening Act (Carcoless Rudderque Remix)


Part Time Punks Session available here

2 comments:

  1. I really love The Foreign Resort!
    Thanks for this smashing single!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the noise they make, so much that I have bought some vinyl from them

      Delete