Tuesday, 10 February 2026

Bram Tchaikovsky - The Russians Are Coming (Pressure)

For album number two The Russians Are Coming (retitled for America as Pressure) Bram Tchaikovsky (the band) toughened up things a little, with a couple of the tracks verging on Heavy Rock. You couldn’t blame them really, as they had experienced a taste of fame in the US and that country has always appreciated a band that could Rock. This was another good effort, with some great harmony singing in places. Lets Dance (no not that one) is a killer opener, all crunchy guitars and bags full of infectious energy. Mr President tends towards Hard Rock/Metal, as does Jeux Sans Frontieres (Game With No Rules), but they always retain their Pop nous. Maybe The Russians…doesn’t quite have a high like Girl Of My Dreams, but it is probably a more consistent LP.

Ripped from the 1998 Japanese reissue to MP3

Bram Tchaikovsky; The Russians Are Coming

1.      Let’s Dance
2.      Mr. President
3.      Missfortune
4.      Hollywood Nightmare
5.      Pressure
6.      The Russians Are Coming
7.      Heartache
8.      Letter From The USA
9.      Can’t Give You Reasons
10.   Jeux Sans Frontires (Games With No Rules)
11.   New York Paranoia

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. Do you have the first two albums by The Motors? I played the first album to destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...and more. I'll slip in the Virgin Years 4 disc Boxset when I get a chance

      Delete
  2. Thanks AJ. I downloaded the first album off ratboy years ago. Lost in a HD crash. I gave away all my vinyl [5,000 plus albums]. My CD versions of The Motors albums are in my condo storage locker. No room in condo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh RatBoy...there was a blog!! I also lost tones of music when a 5TB back-up crashed...still rebuilding that slowly. You'll get a blast out of the box set.

      Delete