Thursday, 15 November 2018

Fulham Fallout (Shadow Re-Up)

Though history rarely credits the Lurkers as much more than West London's answer to the Ramones, think carefully before you assume it's a put-down. The Ramones influenced many groups, after all, but how many of them responded by taking the New Yorkers' blueprint and making it wholly their own?
Formed late in 1976 the band were one of the pioneering punk bands that played live in the first few months of the now-legendary Roxy Club in London. Their debut single "Shadow", the first release on Beggars Banquet Records, was voted by John Peel's listeners as the twelfth best track of the year in 1977's Festive Fifty.
The band’s debut album, Fulham Fallout, is an astonishing accomplishment, a blur of high octane riffs and unforgettable hooks tumbling over one another without a care for manners or niceties. When the band is at its best (notably in their singles "Ain't Got a Clue," "I Don't Need to Tell Her," and "Shadow...") with production that really makes the guitar kick. It's sloppy and amateurish, but that's what makes it so great.
Fourteen tracks make up the original LP; this Captain Oi reissue adds a further dozen bonus tracks, drawn from B-sides, compilations, demos and more. "Be My Prisoner" appeared on Streets, a landmark 1977 compilation album of early UK punk bands from a variety of independent record labels.




Taken from the 1997 CD to glorious MP3 @ 320kbps

Track List

               01. Ain't Got a Clue
               02. I Don't Need To Tell her
               03. Total War
               04. Hey You
               05. Shadow
               06. Then I Kicked Her
               07. Go Go Go
               08. Jenny
               09. Time Of Year
               10. Self Destruct
               11. It’s Quiet Here
               12. Gerald
               13. I'm On Heat
               14. Be My Prisoner
               15. Shadow (Single Version)
               16. Love Story (B’Side)
               17. Freak Show (Single Version)
               18. Mass Media Believer (B’Side)
               19. Ooh! Ooh! I Love You (B’Side-Ain’t Got A Clue)
               20. Pills (B’Side-I Don’t Need To Tell Her)
               21. We Are the Chaos Brothers (Bonus Track)
               22. Be My Prisoner (Streets Compilation Track)
               23. Total War (Demo)
               24. Then I Kissed Her (Demo)
               25. I Love the Dark (LP Demo)
               26. Freak Show (LP Demo)







12 comments:

  1. thanx for sharing this classic
    richie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. Great band. Great lp. A photo of footballer Stuart Pearce famously appears on the sleeve of the follow up - God's Lonely Men - but I always thought that the face in the top right hand corner here, also bears a resemblance to Psycho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Is a re post possible ? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this - a fine album - looking forward to all those extra tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another band off my radar likely worth
    checking out. I finally picked up a new
    hard drive so I can be less frugal with
    the dl's. I just may have to comb through
    your fine collection of things more thoroughly
    one of these days and see what other goodies
    you have. Thanks from Timebender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will enjoy seeking out other goodies Timebender. Thanks for your support

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much, The Lurkers, The Boys, The Vibrators, Cock Sparrer, Splodgenessabounds, Toy Dolls, Adicts...
    Punk-Punk 'n' Roll 😀, all great bands, sadly overlooked by punk historicians. Could you post something from Splodgenessabounds, If I may make a request? THX AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete