Saturday, 19 August 2023

Various Artists - New Wave Club Class-X1

After originally introducing you to the Club Class compilations back in 2018, and now having secured them on one of my back-ups I thought I should re-introduce them to you using this part of the week’s posting schedule. Starting at the beginning in 1991 when Belgium was considered the number one place to locate your electro / synth-pop band to get close to the leading record labels, a couple of young chaps Peter Schaaf and Tejo De Roeck decided to compile some of the New Wave, Post-Punk, Industrial, Electro, Synth-pop music playing in the clubs. Said compilation New Wave Club Class-X1 was released by Antler-Subway Records and distributed by Play It Again Sam (PIAS). Some of the bands included have been featured on this blessed page before, which just helps you to find more music by them if I wasn’t busy enough to link them all, but I’m not, so your mission today should you chose to take it, is to find the music on your own. And just like that it’s back to the music contained here-in. You will either be enthralled with the selection of disappointed, but I say hold on, until you have collected all of the releases. The Best Of two disc collection previously posted simply scratched the itch of early EBM, the complete selection shows the growth of the genre and features a number of more well-known bands than you would originally think.

Ripped to MP3 @ 320kbps

1 Modern English - Life in the Gladhouse 5:57
2 Executive Slacks - The Bus 3:06
3 The Neon Judgement - T.V. Treated 6:31
4 Fehlfarben - Ein Jahr (Es geht voran) 2:52
5 Polyphonic Size - Mothers Little Helper 3:07
6 Alien Sex Fiend - Ignore the Machine (Remix) 5:07
7 Medium Medium - Hungry So Angry 3:59
8 Snowy Red - Never Alive 3:20
9 Arbeid Adelt! - Death Disco 2:43
10 Marine - Life in Reverse 2:44
11 The Bollock Brothers - Harley David (Son of a Bitch) 4:14
12 Nacht und Nebel - Movoco Syntaca 4:09
13 1000 Ohm - A.G.N.E.S. 6:22
14 Alien Sex Fiend - Ignore the Machine (Original) 6:43

 

10 comments:

  1. I'm grabbing this mainly because of "Life In The Gladhouse", a favorite. Who knows what else I'll find? Many thanks!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the remaining seven of the series are just as varied Brian. click the Club Class label for the other odds I've posted

      Delete
  2. There are some one of a kind mixes on these and some bands appear on several.
    Scooped up some from clearance bin of local record shack and FLACed them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, if you have a chance, can you share them?? I only have MP3 rips

      Delete
  3. Will you be posting all 8 volumes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this one, had never heard of this series. It made me track down volumes 2 - 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad that you were that impressed. if you hit the Club Class label above you'll find the others i've posted

      Delete
    2. I did see your other posts. I was looking for them in FLAC and fortunately found them. I can share the link if that's acceptable here.

      Delete
    3. Hi Anon, if you're able to share the FLAC's you found, I'll up-grade the posts...thanks for the offer

      Delete