Saturday, 26 February 2022

The Final Thrust Into The West

Today is Thursday the 24th of February 2022, the time is now and the shit is really about to hit the fan. I’ve pre-posted this missive for you to salivate over during the weekend. My heart goes out to all those citizens of Ukraine who are going to be caught up in the following weeks, days and hours to come.

When I started the Darker Matter series I had hoped to smash the posts out in quick fire succession, but that went somewhat astray with life getting its spoon into stir the pot up a little. I want to finish the 18 posts tomorrow (Sunday) with as little fuss as possible, getting back to a somewhat irregular schedule from Monday. With that said, I want to bring your attention (for it does wander) back to the contents of Vol 17. Five albums of Post-Punk / Synth-Pop / Goth Rock and Indie goodness that you’re likely to enjoy just before your bedtime. Expanding on that statement you have a 1984 synth-pop, minimal wave album that was reissued in 2020, a blinding Goth Rock opus also released in 2020 that has a link to Leeds finest RLYL, a stomping Industrial Synth compilation of noise covering 1981-1991, an Indie Rock expanded album from 2021 and finally, a 2021 special kind of Post-Punk debut that has some great influences.


What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you. Darker Matter Vol 17, brought to you in MP3 @ 320kbps

1.     Caroline Blind – The Spell Between

2.     Jyl – Jyl

3.     Laddermen – Special Kind Of Violence

4.     Psyclones – Greatest Hits 1981-1991

5.     Whipping Boy – Heartworm (Expanded)

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like Laddermen's work, growing on me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine continuation of a great series. Really liking the whipping boy album, especially. Many thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete