The debate I was having in my last post regarding the Louise Patricia Crane debut album in Crimson Red vinyl has been resolved, and it’s a no from me. I already purchased the digital a while ago and it’s not really featured in my playlists or random listening on iTunes, so I’ve passed on it. Today’s Darker Matter is Vol 16 and it contains two cracking albums featuring Rozz Williams (yea, him of that Christian Death) and Gitane Demone (yea, her of that other Christian Death) collaborating for the greater good of Death Rock in general. It’s a seriously underappreciated sub-genre that I can’t say I have really dived into, maybe I should one day. Obviously there are other albums in Vol 16, I just haven’t got around to mentioning them, so in no particular order, we have The Danse Society with a double CD celebrating 40 years (filling nearly half of the folder alone) with some of their extended mixes. This is a pretty comprehensive compilation of The Danse Society’s output over the decades so expect musings from the current and not so current line ups mixed in with the original band’s recordings. Finally I have one of those bands that were great, but got lost between their origins and their final incarnation. Rising from the demise of Southern Death Cult, the three amigos who were left out in the cold, found a new vocalist, secured a new recording contract, and promptly released their only single before the label lost interest and dropped them. Reeling from their second kick in the guts the band separated before finally becoming a duo calling themselves Into A Circle. History lesson over, get this album…it’s brilliant.
Soaked to the skin and dripping
water on the front step, (yea it’s been a bit windy and raining quite a lot here
in Blighty in the past week) freezing cold and mildly miffed that the door isn’t
already open, the idea of ‘nipping out’ again is not welcomed with open arms. Sitting
comfortably in my easy chair, background music playing on the stereo, I’m sipping
and blowing on a blistering hot Lemsip to ward off the inevitable cold and man
flu that approaches from the shadows. Darker Matter Vol 16 is in MP3 @ 320kbps
1. Getting The Fear – Death Is Bigger 1984-85
2. Rozz Williams & Gitane Demone – In The Heart
3. Rozz Williams & Gitane Demone – On The Alter
4. The Danse Society – 40 Years Of Danse (Extended)
Totally cool. Gracias. You sure know your stuff.
ReplyDeleteThis guys mede The Cure sound like Nana Moskouri if you know what I'm talking about.
ReplyDelete"Seduction" still makes my (left) hair raise after so long....