Friday, 17 December 2021

Baby Steps Into Darker Matter

Ladies and Gentlemen, Lurkers and Contributors,

It’s been a while since I sat down in front of a PC and started typing, copying and pasting write-ups for the music I have shared over the years. Over two million views and climbing isn’t to be sniffed at, and the comments from everyone who have taken the time to say Thank You, you’re so very welcome.

If I could have the past couple of months back again to re-live, I doubt that anything would have changed. I needed time away.

Now, just because I’m writing this jibberish does not mean that I’m coming back with the same format. For the two of you who have read this far, some things will be different in 2022. The great music that you can find below won’t stop, but there will not be reviews.

There is an old saying that goes a little like this, “When you’re feeling down, buy more records!” and that is exactly what I’ve been doing. Record Store Day and Bandcamp Fridays have been hard on my wallet; second hand records stores, record fairs and the odd charity shop have all been rummaged through with varying levels of success.

With the Yule, Winter Solstice (Summer Solstice if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere), Saturnalia feasting and festivals upon us, I decided to share some of my cosmic finds.

You should probably click the link to Read More

The collection is named Darker Matter purely because it needed a name

 

There is one folder in the link with a number of ‘finds’ within. The folder is under 700mb filled with MP3’s. If you like what you hear, please go and buy the download / CD / record.

The first folder is here

It contains;

1.     Claustraphobia - Lies Deceit And Other Delusions

2.     Hallows - All That Is True

3.     Isolated Youth – Iris

4.     Isolated Youth – Warfare

5.     Slow Decay - Falling Into Dust

6.     Slow Decay - Pre-Dawn Light

7.     Still Forever - Holocene Shift

8.     Still Forever – Synaesthetic

9.     Witch of the Vale – Changeling

10.  Witch of the Vale - The Way This Will End

 

 

23 comments:

  1. Oh I must be that "second" person to read this.
    Nice to have you back AJ and I hope things are improving.
    Looking forward to whatever direction your website takes, thanks for the new uploads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back.THanks for this nice Package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess two is five now. Glad you're posting again. This is your blog, you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it. Just enjoy what you do is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you indeed for everything you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back. Have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back my friend! Hope you are well. Whatever the format of the blog, I, for one, will make a daily visit looking for missed gems. Pretentious old hippy moi? Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good to read you, welcome back, regards, jm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess this means I'm at least #12 to read this far... Be Well, Welcome Back, and a Festive Psychedelic Solstice to you as well. Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT TO HAVE YOU AROUND ONCE MORE! Hope the next year starts in a happier fashion.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. 16 reporting for duty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like I'm 17. Glad to see you back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. eighteenth just major but not vax. happy to read you again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see you back AJ, always the one with interesting things to share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back !
    One on the many two's reading your stuff from France

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back 2 Back 0n THe Right Track

    ReplyDelete