Back in April WDM over at WhyDoThingsHaveToChange posted Powerpearls Vol 3. His excellent post filled a void in my collection of Powerpearls which had been annoying me for a couple of years as I could not find it anywhere. To celebrate the find I have a folder to share, it is lurking below. But before all that, here is an edit of the original words by WDM to introduce the post.
In the nineties a wave swam over us with unofficial compilations that came up with rare punk classics of the early wild days, the well-known and certainly the best of them are the Killed By Death and Bloodstains series. But there is another interesting third: the Powerpearls series. Just as brilliant and significant contribution to resurrecting lost 7” Inch nuggets and getting in touch with bands that nobody, or only a few remember these days, and whose music was kicking just as much arse as their snotty punk cousins. My early focus was more on the first two and I didn't even know PowerPop at that time, but now I like this genre, makes me feel positive and radiant, it's close rooted with punk and sounds charming and lovely. There are ten Volumes of these available, most at expensive prices, some with coloured vinyl. So, keep an eye out for them, they’re definitely worth the expense.
Ripped to one folder, Powerpearls Vol 1-5 in MP3
Thanks! - Stinky
ReplyDeleteYou’re welcome
DeleteAn excellent decision AJ :)
ReplyDeleteThanks 🙏
Delete