Friday, 20 September 2024

Jimmy Jimmy - Here In The Light

Summoning the ghosts of Herman's Hermits and early Bee Gees, the music of Jimmy Jimmy could almost be seen as a parody, but the earnestness and sincerity of the group's Here in the Light LP belie such interpretations. Here in the Light is a shamelessly sentimental album, overflowing with unyieldingly sweet ballads and bubblegum pop. If music could cause cavities, Here in the Light is a dentist's worst nightmare; however, the winsome harmonies of James O'Neill (acoustic guitars, vocals) and Jimmy Kemp (acoustic guitars, vocals) could melt the iciest hearts. The catchy "I Met Her in Paris," with its bouncy keyboards and infectious chorus, became a cult hit on new wave radio stations in the Philippines; it almost sounds like a lost single from Herman's Hermits. The tender "Lady" is a moving ballad; the lyrics have the emotional depth of a Hallmark card ("Lady, can't you see/I'm so in love with you?"), but it is sung with enough passion to make any sensitive soul swoon. Released in England when bands such as the Smiths, the Chameleons, and the Sisters of Mercy were venturing into human misery, Here in the Light probably sounded anachronistic, but dated fluff isn't usually this tasty.

Lovingly coaxed from the original vinyl to cavity filling MP3 @ 320kbps

Jimmy Jimmy; Here In The Light

A1.  Forget Your Sorrows
A2.  Sarah Moon
A3.  Silence
A4.  Here In The Light
A5.  Lady
B1.   Following Dreams
B2.   Passing Dream
B3.   I Met Her In Paris
B4.   Love
B5.   The Kettle’s Boiling


7 comments:

  1. can you post a Flac copy?
    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry odhie, This isn't my rip

      Delete
    2. thanks anyway, just found the CD version

      Delete
  2. Hello, I'm not sure if you are still active on here. I was wondering if you would reupload this? I can't seem to find a rip of this album anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerry, Sorry to say that I don't have a copy on my back-ups and when mega closed my account, it was lost

      Delete
  3. Hi AJ, can you tell me how to find the FLAC copy please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry erkole, I can't find a FLAC rip of this album...


      I have a replacement MP3 rip if you're interested

      Delete