Friday, 21 August 2020

You've Got Foetus On Your Breath - Wash It All Off/333

It's Friday, 20.00 London: Presented here is the second Foetus release in the series, originally released in April 1981 with the first change of name to You've Got Foetus On Your Breath. I'm going to try and post everything I have chronologically (for those who have just left and opened Discogs) until I can't, then you at home can chime in until we all eventually have everything.
Me;- So, what do you think of it so far?
You;- Rubbish

In just 8 minutes you are assaulted first by Thirlwell’s twisted and disturbing lyrical content contained in Wash, though this is not the dance floor stomper (that’s still too come). Followed secondly by the screaming noise of 333 with indecipherable lyrics and accompanying shrill whistle, it really should be heard through decent headphones. If you’re not feeling a little unwell after, it wasn’t loud enough. 

Ripped from what sounds like pristine vinyl (or a digital) source to MP3 @ 320kbps

You've Got Foetus On Your Breath; Wash It All Off/333 7”

A.      Wash It All Off
B.      333


8 comments:

  1. Thanks AJ for all this great posts especially this one as I had a friend in our college dorms who had all the Foetis records and we would listen in his room there but this I remember the best as I never heard them again after 1987. Kind regards, Viacom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spec Records ( No Cowboys) compilation contains ( to my little knowledge) the first Foetus Collaborations. Check it to be sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirlwell does contribute on three tracks on the compilation, but it is essentially a compilation of tracks by various iterations of the early post punk band PragVEC.

      Delete
  3. Any chance of a flac version of this and the previous single?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Konrad I don't have a FLAC of the first two singles. Unless a kind soul reading this can help out....

      Delete
    2. http://www.mediafire.com/folder/b6r5dm5kp9o9h/Foetus

      Delete