Yes, it’s Friday, it’s 20.00 London. Week three of many
and Jim Bob has progressed to a full album of noise interestingly called
Deaf…So yeah, this is a re-up of the original post to try and keep this Friday
timeline nonsense in check.
Recording under the moniker You've Got Foetus on Your
Breath, Jim Thirwell, aka Foetus, released his first album, Deaf, in 1981.
Thirwell's eccentric trademark sound, a confrontational sonic tapestry based on
harshly recorded instruments, noises, samples, and voices, is firmly
established on Deaf. The songs are twisted heaps of sound that sometimes
resemble Frank Zappa outtakes being pummelled to death by Einstürzende
Neubauten and Thirwell's scatological, antisocial lyrics only add to the
bizarreness. If you've got the stomach for it, Deaf can be rewarding, but it's
also a great way to clear the room at a party.
Ripped from the 1997 Limited Edition CD re-release to
FLAC
1. New
York Or Bust
2. Is
That A Line?
3. Why
Can't It Happen To Me?
4. I
Am Surrounded By Incompetence
5. What
Have You Been Doing?
6. Today
I Started Slogging Again
7. Harold
Macmillan
8. Thank
Heavens For Push Button Phones
9. Flashback
10. Negative
Energy

The FLAC link just takes me to FLAC in the search bar...
ReplyDeleteDitto
ReplyDeleteApologies for the fuck-up folks...I’m still about 24 hours away from the peecee. I’ll fix as soon as possible
ReplyDeletePlease drive safely! Haste makes waste! - Stinky
ReplyDeleteThanks for the concern Stinky, all was well on the motorways
DeleteA great way to clear the room (party... Or not).
ReplyDeleteDelighted, as always, by your choices.
Thanks Fabio
DeleteMany thanks for the early Foetus! The foetus of Foetus. Beside OKFM, this is all new to me. I've been a fan since I bought the Hole+12inch LP in the 80s for some unknown reason, probably because it looked strange. My favorite piece of his is Diabolus In Musica.
ReplyDeleteHole is a classic and the revamped Wash 12" was brilliant
Delete