Sunday, 4 January 2026

Bushido - Deliverance

There’s not much on the interweb to help with a decent review of this album from UK synth / experimental band Bushido. Deliverance is a bit of a mess, but it also has some really powerful moments. The project is the brainchild of Gary Levermore, who ran Third Mind Records (Beautiful Pea Green Boat, Front Line Assembly, In the Nursery, Heavenly Bodies etc) for a while. Deliverance has a very fantasy-like sound, definitely not a cheap minimal synth album for 1985, lots of digital goodness and what must have been a pricey drum machine. If the cover was a point and click adventure game Lament would be its main theme. Incidentally other Third Mind artists have guested on Deliverance, including Chryss (Julia Niblock) from Attrition and Glenn Wallis of Whitehouse / Konstruktivist.

Ripped to MP3

Bushido; Deliverance

A1.  A Question Of Identity
A2.  Lament
A3.  Intrigue
B1.  An Imperial Affair
B2.  High Rise
B3.  Question Of Time

14 comments:

  1. thank you so much, an absolute classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic indeed Anon. Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  2. Any idea if this is Herr Blogmeister's rip, or a different one?

    I wish someone would reissue all the Bushido releases, preferably in 24bit from the master tapes with no knob twaddling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konrad I think this rip is Herr Blogmeister's but downsized for storage before I got my 5TB backup

      Delete
    2. No worries...just wanted to check before I dl'd a rip I likely already have...on some drive...somewhere...

      Need to finish getting the parts for my new 'puter build with 8 drive raid...instead the wife and I bought a 51 Kaiser Deluxe 2 door sedan...decisions, decisions...

      Delete
    3. What use is a car when you can't drive anywhere for the next 3 months?

      Delete
    4. Heh...in 3 months we'll be able to drive everywhere!!!

      And in style!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLqdalnGTM&t=23s

      Delete
    5. It's not a lot of money for a 69 year old car...

      Delete
    6. Actually, I talked them down to $12,100.

      Delete
    7. Nice!
      I hope it brings you huge enjoyment

      Delete
    8. I think it will, except for one aspect...

      They say a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into, and a classic car is a hole in the road you throw money into...and I'm already finding that to be true on the car front. :D

      Delete
    9. I know that most cars are by nature money pits because parts ware out but a classic...deep pockets my friend

      Delete
    10. Eh...not so bad with this one...it was restored in the early 2000s and kept garaged and in great shape by the previous owner, a member of the Kaiser Frazer Owners International Club...

      It has a few minor issues that need to be addressed, but that is the case with just about any used car.

      Fortunately I'm a kept man, and sugar mama makes good money. :)

      Delete
  3. before I am too old to play it I would like to have an original Fender jaguar.

    ReplyDelete