Shriekback's music was always an appropriate soundtrack
for life in the dark, but with the emphasis on the possibilities rather than
the dangers. Though often haunting, it was not gothic and harboured strains of
pop and dance that rose to the surface from time to time. Still, however
accessible they became, Shriekback cultivated an air of mystery that made them
hard to pin down. The video for the song "Nemesis" features the 2000
AD character Nemesis the Warlock.
Ripped from the special edition 2x12” single pack by djjedredy
to MP3 @ 320kbps
Shriekback; Nemesis 2x12”
A. Nemesis
(Extended)
B. Suck
(Live)
C. Mothloop
(Live)
D. Feelers
(Live)
Have a look here to find the Arch-Deviant mix

Shriekback (with something of a trimmed down band) just played a show a couple nights ago. I was lucky enough to make it for their 2017 gigs and wish I could have been there again this go around. One thing I can pretty much guarantee... Carl Marsh isn't a big fan of playing, as he calls it, "F***ing Nemesis". Can't be escaped, of course. XD
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB_S2v9Bxw
Problems of morality, using comic book characters...
😳 I’ve never read a comic book that has dealt with morality....one the other hand I’ve never really understood why bands dislike playing the songs that punters are there to hear
DeleteUnderstood. There's all types of people out there. Some of them get all Thom Yorke/Creep on it (and after watching the "meeting people is easy" documentary, I can get a hint why he hated playing that song) and then some bands that I've seen appear to embrace the songs that laid the foundation for their career (or gave them hope for an actual retirement). I saw Wang Chun not long ago and the bass player seemed to have a blast playing the old tunes. I wonder how many times he's played "Everybody have fun tonight".
DeleteAnyways, thanks for all the tunes on your blog!
You're welcome Wad, and thanks for your comments. Enjoy
DeleteMusic of Shriekback it's better for soundtracks : you remember "Manhunter" ? Very very fine soundtrack with Shriekback's songs
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up
Delete