Thursday, 4 July 2019

The “I Think I Know This” Collection


Wow…WoW…WOW!! Some great numbers of fellow travellers checking out the three collections posted so far. I must admit that I might have been a bit too keen in posting them in the space of a week and should have maybe taken more time in the presentation, write up and time period so that as many folks as possible could enjoy them. Not to worry though as I’ll retro tag them all to make it easier, for the late arrivals to this little party, to find.  Now to the meat (vegan alternatives are available) of this collection. As suggested by the title many of you will know, or more to the point recognise, most of the bands/songs enclosed within. I have posted a couple of the bands/singles earlier in the blog history which might/might not encourage you to investigate past posts. Kicking off this set is the well-received personal favourite 12” single of mine “Fire Island”. Solidly followed up by the Arthur Baker remix of “Freemason (You Broke The Promise)”, the Sinister Subway mix of “Underpass” and a track from the first AIDS benefit single. Interested?? Not yet? MMMmmm. How about we partake in some “Chinese Black” and slowly descend below the waves of despair into “Marilyn’s Dreams”. Become a “Witness (To A Scream)” from a “Lady Shave” “Assassin”. Yeah, now we’re talking!



This time there are only 21 sacrificial lambs for your listening pleasure, but don’t be fooled into thinking that I have given you only 20 artists. There are many bands in this arena that operate on the same wavelength, so it is extremely likely they would believe that they are the original Neon. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

The “I Think I Know This” Collection contains the likes of;

Pink Industry
Rheingold
Spoons
Car Crash Set
The Passage
Kissing The Pink

Note; The Neon Judgement track was stupidly taken from a low bitrate 12” single source. I can, and might still, do better.
 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for these fantastic collections. They've taken over my life. Longtime visitor to your blog, long overdue to praise it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've Made a folder with all the files from the 4 comps, MP3GAIN /r 89dB and shuffling from a powerful player. SO GOOD... Radio Desconocida '80!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All your dreams will come true with the final instalment set for Monday evening. Buckle up for the weekend

      Delete