Thursday, 11 July 2019

That Was A Rush To The Head


Well, that was a rush to the head, over 2000 clicks on the Collection posts. I can’t say I’m surprised as there are some seriously awesome tunes in each of the five folders and you’ll forgive me over time for leading you blindly over the edge and into the abyss below. I took a couple of days off after the final post to allow it to sink in and I’ve now linked all five posts with the tag “Collection”. This should make it easier for future travellers to find them all with one well-placed cursor click.
It’s time to move on wards now, into the future, with my next collection looking back at Post Punk / New Wave / Mod Revival / Guitar Pop nuggets. I’m not limiting this to just the late 70’s and the 80’s as I’ve been collecting this stuff since I was a spotty teenager. There will be some 90’s (I know) releases thrown in for good measure as this collection has never really gone outta fashion.

Let me know if there is anything you especially liked from the last collection and if there’s anything that you might want in the next one.

AJ

22 comments:

  1. Some SLAG, The Sound, Into Paradise... I'm Hoping.
    Still a little angry for your Clock DVA underestimation on The First Collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clock DVA get their own posts...but yeah, could do better I suppose

      Delete
    2. Don't have SLAG, but yes to The Sound and Into Paradise

      Delete
  2. The comps is yours... And choice is your too. . I was cheating you, great comps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Fabio, ask. You might get lucky

      Delete
    2. I have a brutally poor 128 kbps mp3 rip of "Smother Earth" by the Snake Corpse...
      I have ordered a copy once on Discog but the guy never sent to me.

      Delete
    3. The Snake Corps - Smother Earth @ 320
      https://mega.nz/#!zAomHC5Y!F_64p4yE-EvJdS-EoJ2I4bLrWLoQjMAR3g45Ahk8Ec8

      Delete
  3. I think I still have all The CD from Sad Lovers and Giants at my parents home. Not ripped yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all but "In The Breeze" in particular.
    http://myzuka.club/Album/300857/sad-lovers-and-giants-in-the-breeze-1984

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The compilation collection of previously unreleased recordings spanning their lifetime? Mmmm

      Delete
    2. Fabio & AJ, I have a @320 copy of this compilation
      if still needed.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    3. That would be awesome Timebender, thanks

      Delete
    4. I'm quite a bit late to the party with these guys.
      50.50 got me from first listen, great band.

      SLAG - 1984 - In The Breeze

      https://www90.zippyshare.com/v/GSq5Ro2i/file.html

      - Timebender

      Delete
    5. You're welcome Fabio, I can't take credit for the rip
      but the files needed a lot of tagging however.
      Thanks to the original uploader.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  5. I've always loved their composed, elegant music ... measured but effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to follow up with this band for sure.
      They probably have a rather large discography
      worth seeking out I assume.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  6. @Timebender: other SLAG personal fave of mine is The Mirror Test ( The album art alone have a magic power)/

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the notably good revolutionrock012 blog:

    http://revolutionrock012.blogspot.com/search/label/Sad%20Lovers%20%26%20Giants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabio for the link, I'll be sure to
      listen to The Mirror Test, lookin' forward to it.
      - Timebender

      Delete