Saturday, 15 November 2025

The Cure - Primary

The only single released from the Cure’s Faith album sees the boys ditch the guitars and rock out some drum and bass. Both Simon and Robert play bass, with the effects pedals on Bob’s giving the leads a unique sound. There are no guitars or keyboards played in the song about coming of age. With all this useless information at my fingertips I suppose I should share some quips about the single, but I won’t, except to say not to bother too much with the B’side as it’s shit and to play Primary as loudly as possible.


Ripped to MP3

The Cure; Primary 12”

A.     Primary (Extended Mix)
B.     Descant

 


8 comments:

  1. Heavy artillery on display, Fire!
    Wow paisa'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I approve? Yesssirr
    I seem to experience a personal exchange ...
    Are you talking Italian at the moment?
    Delighted by the Bunnymen 7"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're delighted with the Bunnymen. I have to say I've listened to the single, the album version and the 2 CD version and it's not much of a difference except that the single version sounds brighter.

      Delete
    2. Primary is one of my fave Cure tracks and I am
      not even sure if I heard this extended version.
      Awesome! thanks again AJ.
      -Timebender

      Delete
    3. I think it’s quite rare but so worth having

      Delete
  3. Yes not so much difference, but believe me I was missing that 7"!
    Was a gift of my ex... I remember when we break many Sundays in my room listening to that damned piece of plastic, the red piece of cardboard CD style in hand.. Then life restarted.

    ReplyDelete