Tuesday, 8 October 2024

Ghost Dance - A Heart Full Of Soul 12"

No matter how you slice it, Ghost Dance were far less than the sum of their respective parts. Anne-Marie Hurst on vocals, from the legendary Skeletal Family and Gary Marx, guitar swinging maestro, from T’Sisters, what more could a Goth want? Well, less covers and more original songs might be up there in the request pile. Following on from their stunning debut 12”EP (muddy sound and everything) the band found themselves releasing a less than satisfactory three track single of cover versions! Tongue firmly planted in the left cheek, there seems to be a sly smile here, a nod towards the idea of Goths having a good time. I mean, Com’On! It’s the summer of 1986 and T’Mission had just released Serpents Kiss, Vonn Eldritch had a Gift up his sleeve…where’s the fun in that??



Ripped from the original 12” to MP3 @ 320kbps

Ghost Dance; Heart Full Of Soul 12”

A1.  Heart Full Of Soul
A2.  Can The Can
B1.  Radar Love

 


24 comments:

  1. Thanks AJ!
    I have a request, for you or anyone can help:
    Maaany years ago I was in possess of a little piece of vinyl (a 10") putted out by Echo & The Bunnymen and Titled "Nothing Lasts Forever" I've searched through infinite discographies , no luck!
    If my memory don't fail me, the versions in that disc was different from the songs in "Evergreen". With High Hopes and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixed by Clif Norrell and a little shorter than the album version. Available on the 7" single and the CD single release.
      I don't have a copy, but I know a man who reckons he does

      Delete
    2. Fabio,7" single
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/am1rnuxk56qiuub/Echo_And_The_Bunnymen_-_Nothing_Lasts_Forever_7%2527%2527.rar/file

      Delete
    3. 2xCD version
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/88662p8b81xw8y3/Echo_And_The_Bunnymen_-_Nothing_Lasts_Forever_2xCD.rar/file

      Delete
    4. THANKS MAN!
      I Can't explain how happy I am!

      Delete
    5. Weirdo, in a nice way of course, but still weird.

      Delete
  2. I helped myself to the Bunnymen Fabio requested, thanks
    for posting AJ. Mediafire was smooth sailing for me today
    which is another thumbs up. Have a good weekend!
    - Timebender

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weekend looks like it's going to be "el scorchio!", the hot tub is full, the sky's set to blue all the way!
      I've got some more singles coming over the weekend...that should see me ready for the new crop of albums waiting to come in June

      Delete
    2. Lucky you, it is taking forever here in the Toronto area
      of Canada to resemble summer like conditions. I am usually
      tanned by now. I am just waiting for my Korg volca drum
      to arrive to play with on cold rainy days. I think my studio
      will be seeing more than usual activity this Summer as a result.
      Which is not such a bad thing I suppose.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    3. Randomly I was in Toronto for my Honeymoon...

      In other news, you have a home studio...

      Delete
    4. Cool, I hope you enjoyed yourselves in my backyard.
      I am a short drive away from the city where I do have
      a home studio. I use to be a real gear junky back in the
      day so eventually it just evolved to a makeshift studio.
      I have eased up a little on purchases over the years
      but I am always on the lookout for music related toys etc.

      Delete
    5. I forgot to ask, what instruments do you play?
      I got the feeling you are a musician based on
      some descriptions of some of your posts AJ.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    6. I used to play a bit of guitar and some bass (poor man's guitar) but I was having difficulty with what I thought was strength in my fingers. Turns out that it is damage to my spinal cord.

      Delete
    7. Jeez louise, how unfortunate. There are plenty of
      affordable Synths and drum machines on the market
      in recent years if you have a creative bug. I have
      been bit by this trend, a whole different approach
      in songwriting for me & very fun.

      Delete
    8. Regarding the bass, it is one of the easier instruments
      to sound competent on but is one of the harder ones
      to excel or shine on imo... Just a little love for
      any bass players out there.
      - Timebender

      Delete
    9. With guitar you can play with a so-so timing, the bass need The Timing!
      I've played a little bass in a filthy black metal experiment... in this particular case is much more difficult than guitar (armonically.. you cannot put the 5th grade here and there, the risk is monotony or to put little darkness).

      Delete
    10. Good point Fabio, I think 'The Timing' as you point
      is the key basic for all instruments. Having natural
      sense of timing allows one to flourish not having to
      pay attention to bar counts etc. I have seen many skilled
      guitar players over the years that do not perform well
      in live band situations as a result.
      - Timebender

      Delete
  3. I know what you say AJ... I had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome, then a car accident... now short scale guitar, no more heavy gauge strings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life would be so much easier if...but we age, and shit tends to happen along the way. I'm not bitter, but I have had to semi retire and mainly work from home.

    This keeps me sane...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I say...frequently...

      Gettin' Old...It Ain't For Pussies!

      :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah...they get all dried out and wrinkly

      Delete
    3. My back is old, my hair is bowed, my teeth are grizzled and gray. :D

      Delete
  5. You have teeth and HAIR!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of one, a few of the other...I'm ready to kick ass. :)

    ReplyDelete