Monday, 12 January 2026

The Birthday Party - Release The Bats

Sex Horror, Vampire Glory. Release The Bats rumbles and stumbles through a wild night of campy debauchery flailing about on the edge of sanity. This is my least favourite release from the Birthday boys - mainly because it’s the single which got them forever stuck under the inappropriate label of "GOTH". There is just a bit too much dubious desperation to avoid that description if you ask me. Somehow dark but also humorous and totally just hanging in there. Why worry whether this counts as Goth or not? Just let it rip like the cool machine it is...
Ripped from a pristine 7” single to MP3

The Birthday Party; Release The Bats

A.     Release The Bats
B.     Blast Off


10 comments:

  1. I'm grabbing this just for the song title! Thanks! - Stinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know just how to make a blogger's day

      Delete
  2. FANTASTIC paisà!
    I like a lot this new band named BEECHWOOD, as if J&MC had learned to actually play their instruments... plus a garage vein.
    my link, not my rips of their 2nd and 3rd albums:
    https://mega.nz/#F!nUxjTYgI!QjCpH5UDi2op43v7EjfNJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fabio, downloading as I type

      Delete
    2. They're really good Fabio, Thanks for the share

      Delete
  3. @STINKY: your cheesy organ series is TRUE LEGEND!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at home (post-operatory recovery) yr blog with twilightzone saving me from aberration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're feeling better soon Fabio, can't have you relying on my blog and Twilightzone to keep you healthy

      Delete
  5. I'm not an hyperactive type... But forceful stop make me angry.
    as much as mine is a damned job, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy my work in local government, it allows me to mainly work from home and in the community, rather than a stuffy office. I was working using my iPad even when I was sick in bed...

      Actually, I've just realised, I don't like Skype

      Delete