Thursday, 10 May 2018

Red Frame White Light! Six Three Two Three Double O Three!


Those are the immortal words uttered by Andy McCluskey in Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark’s second single ‘Red Frame/White Light’, released in February 1980 and taken from their eponymous debut album. To listeners unfamiliar with the history of the band, the numbers mentioned in the track may sound a little random, but seasoned OMD fans will know that ‘6323003’ was in fact the number of the red telephone box on the Wirral that the band used as their ‘office’ in the early days of their career.
After the huge number of hits that my previous OMD post acquired I thought I would slip in this little beauty.



Ripped from an excellent quality 7” single by Blogmiester@ESWA to FLAC

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark; Red Frame/White Light

A.     Red Frame/White Light
B.     I Betray My Friends


 


No comments:

Post a Comment