Monday, 23 April 2018

Fragments

Formed in Sheffield in 1978, around the core line-up of Adi Newton, Steven Turner, David Hammond, and Simon Elliot-Kemp, Clock DVA built upon the havoc created by their industrial forefathers, Throbbing Gristle, sharing their subversive taste for sonic, moral and political deviance. They were part of a virile and prolific scene, collaborating and consorting with the likes of Coil’s John Balance, Chris Watson, Martin Ware, and Richard H. Kirk in their earliest days to forge a distempered and visceral sound. The heady flux of ideas in 'Fragment' and their darkly seductive film soundtrack 'Fragment Of Hysteria', Clock DVA at once defied categorisation and established the aesthetics of the New Wave to come. ‘Fragment’ was recorded at "Western Works", the recording facility of Industrial buddies, Cabaret Voltaire. Alongside TG, Pere Ubu, and The Pop Group, Clock DVA are genuine pioneers of this most uncompromising branch of music, an absolute must for all followers of electronic/synth/wave/Industrial music.

Originally self-released 1979 as a 30 minute cassette, ripped here from the 2016 Vinyl-On-Demand limited edition re-release of 200 to MP3 @ 320kbps

Clock DVA; Fragment

A1.  Ghost Trio No.2
A2.  Cage
A3.  You’re Without Sound
A4.  Brigade
A5.  Formlessness
A6.  Prepared Piano 2
B1.  Fragment Of Hysteria

More Clock DVA available again here
 


7 comments:

  1. Witnessed a live performance of DVA in 1993-94 (the Sign period)... I Really love all of their stuff... especially Man Amplified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never managed to see them live, I'd lost interest during the Anti-Group phase, so I'm going to investigate their early 90's output on your recommendation Fabio

      Delete
  2. I'm really going to give this a try.
    My favourite still is 'Thirst'.
    Greetings,
    Wikser Jr

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, the link is dead, can you re up please ? your blog is great, very good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon, Fragment is up again. Enjoy

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to this. I have an old mp3 of this, but it's only 25 minutes long and the B1 track here is itself almost 23 minutes. That pretty much doubles the one I have. Double the thanks, AJ.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete