Even though H.I.M.'s main goal seemed to be gaining
attention from the female audience, Greatest Lovesongs 666 was artistically,
but maybe not so musically, a success. The contrast between Razorblade Romance
and their debut, however, is quite insurmountable. While Greatest Lovesongs 666
has a truly pressuring atmosphere all the time, Razorblade Romance’s melancholy
and angst, although a little artificial here, forgets all about that. The whole
concept of gothic rock and so-called love metal repeats itself many times
during the album but the songs themselves are actually very good; when ignoring
the implementation. Hit songs like "Join Me in Death" and "Right
Here in My Arms" work really nicely and the horrendous clichés in lyrics
and playing don't really matter. The slightly over-produced sound may distract
for a while, but after all, the song material is of a kind that is hard to fit,
because H.I.M. recycles it so well, into a demanding format.
Lovingly ripped from a grubby old, well-loved CD (it is over 25 years old) to sparkling MP3
H.I.M.; Razorblade Romance
1. Your
Sweet 666
2. Poison
Girl
3. Join
Me In Death
4. Right
Here In My Arms
5. Bury
Me Deep Inside Your Heart
6. Wicked
Game
7. I
Love You
8. Gone
With The Sin
9. Razorblade
Kiss
10. Resurrection
11. Death
Is In Love With Us
12. Heaven
Tonight
13. Sigillum Diaboli
14. One Last Time

No comments:
Post a Comment