Tuesday, 9 January 2018

To Believe In Someone (New Link)

The Eden House are built around the core duo of guitarist Stephen Carey and bassist Tony Pettitt of Fields of the Nephilim together with drummer Simon Rippin of The Nephilim, NFD and Red Sun Revival. Founded in 2007 the core trio eventually came together with the self-financed MP3 only “single” release in 2009 titled All I See Is Red. Long lost in the static of the interweb background noise the two track single features a who’s who guest list of the then Londonesque Goth scene with members of The Nefilim, Last Rites, Rubicon, Julianne (All About Eve) Regan and token LA hipster Monica (Faith & The Muse) Richards. The single features a remixed (Redshifted) version of To Believe In Something, the opening track on the debut album Smoke And Mirrors, and Freakshow a track that’s never been issued in any other format. Both tracks follow the Eden House methodology of wispy female vocals, sharp guitar driven choruses and grandiose swirling of folky rock dresses. What makes Freakshow stand out is the twin bass work of Peter Gorritz and Tony Pettitt. This is much heavier than their debut album Smoke And Mirrors and is well worth a quick download, for research purposes obviously. 



As alluded to, this is a MP3 @ 256kbps which I downloaded directly from The Eden House site. If there’s significant interest in this I’ll look into posting more Eden House

The Eden House; All I See Is Red

1.      Freakshow
2.      To Believe In Something (Redshifted)


2 comments:

  1. Hi AJ...I personally would be very interested in more Eden House.

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete