Sunday, 10 December 2017

Dazed and Confused



Led Zeppelin had a fully formed, distinctive sound from the outset, as their eponymous debut illustrates. Taking the heavy, distorted electric blues of Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, and Cream to an extreme, Zeppelin created a majestic, powerful brand of guitar rock constructed around simple, memorable riffs and lumbering rhythms. But the key to the group's attack was subtlety: it wasn't just an onslaught of guitar noise; it was shaded and textured, filled with alternating dynamics and tempos. As Led Zeppelin proves, the group was capable of such multi-layered music from the start. Although the extended psychedelic blues of "Dazed and Confused," "You Shook Me," and "I Can't Quit You Baby" often gather the most attention, the remainder of the album is a better indication of what would come later. "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" shifts from folky verses to pummelling choruses; "Good Times Bad Times" and "How Many More Times" have groovy, bluesy shuffles; "Your Time Is Gonna Come" is an anthemic hard rocker; "Black Mountain Side" is pure English folk; and "Communication Breakdown" is a frenzied rocker with a nearly punkish attack. Although the album isn't as varied as some of their later efforts, it nevertheless marked a significant turning point in the evolution of hard rock and heavy metal.





This edition features the latest remastering by Jimmy Page and includes a bonus disc with unreleased live tracks taken from the concert held at L'Olympia, Paris, France on October 10, 1969.

Ripped from the 2014 Japanese release to 24bit FLAC

Led Zeppelin; 1

1.      Good Times Bad Times
2.      Babe I’m Gonna Leave You
3.      You Shook Me
4.      Dazed And Confused
5.      Your Time Is Gonna Come
6.      Black Mountain Side
7.      Communication Breakdown
8.      I Can’t Quit You Baby
9.      How Many More Times

Live Paris 1969

1.      Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown
2.      I Can’t Quit You Baby
3.      Heartbreaker
4.      Dazed And Confused
5.      White Summer/Black Mountain Side
6.      You Shook Me
7.      Moby Dick
8.      How Many More Times



6 comments:

  1. AJ, Thank you for sharing lzone...appreciated.


    mega*****

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, Thanks for the comment Heylee. You're very welcome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job AJ, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mirkus. I hope you enjoy

      Delete
  4. Okay, so I have to ask the question...since CD Redbook is 16bit format...how does one rip it to 24bit...or rather, why would one increase the file size with no added sonic improvement?

    I understand ripping vinyl to 24bit, but ripping a cd to 24bit just increases the file size without adding anything to the sonic experience...

    Or is there something I'm missing here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I don't really know why a CD would be ripped to 24bit, maybe it's because the original uploader wanted to look kool with the sudden flood of 24bit into the blogosphere a couple of years ago.

      Delete