Once upon a time (2003) Kim Wilde was on tour in Europe and was asked if she would contribute vocals to a re-recording of a track by Nena for a greatest hits album. I’m a bit of a closet Kim Wilde fanboy and I’ve got a passing knowledge of Nena so I was as happy as a pig having sex when Anywhere was released. Now yeah, it is extremely European pop sounding with squeaky keyboards and German / English lyrics it was a best-selling hit all over the European continent, but not released in the UK or US. Originally recorded in Nena’s native German as “Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann” an all-English version was included on Nena's 1985 album It's All In The Game (the English-language version of Feuer und Flamme). The really cheap looking video was filmed outside the London Guildhall and in and around Change Alley, London EC3.
Ripped to FLAC

Nena, I still find Nur Geträumt one of the hottest popsongs ever. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi! Still a fan of Nena since the early '80s. Thanks for posting, and for adding my blog to your blog list.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they met at Formel1 https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formel_Eins_(Fernsehsendung)
ReplyDeleteHermann
Gracias
ReplyDelete