Monday, 23 March 2026

She Past Away - Disko Anksiyete

She Past Away’s third album Disko Anksiyete (Turkish for “disco anxiety”) is a fiting enough title; the duo of Doruk Öztürkcan and Volkan Caner make darkwave of an appropriately gloomy cast, suitable for dancefloors and solitary listening alike. Driven by a solid electronic rhythm section, the songs fall squarely into the rich intersection of darkwave and goth rock. It’s easy enough to spot the band’s influences; the Bandcamp copy for the record compares them to The Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, and they’ve covered Clan of Xymox and The Cure, but you’d work it out pretty quickly just by listening.


Ripped to MP3


6 comments:

  1. These guys are cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I need to get more of their albums

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I thought I found these guys from a previous post of yours? They are very good; thanks for posting.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a trojan in this file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your heads-up Unknown, but as I have my PeeCee protected by Norton it would quarantine any Trojan before I compressed it to .rar file

      Delete