Tuesday, 4 May 2021

New Disco (Bop'tilYouDrop)

Back in the day, when everything seemed a little easier, and life didn’t revolve around mobile phones and their abhorrent apps, I liked to make Compilation Tapes of all my favourite tunes of the day. I would usually rip a tape to order or request and you’d get 90 minutes of New Wave, Post Punk and early Goth. Fast forward to the 21st Century and I had progressed to making CD best of’s and this was my very first attempt. 


Some of the bands that moved me at this time to FLAC were:

The D4

Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs

Burning Brides

Feeder

The Datsuns

Interpol

Elviss

Ikara Colt

Bad Religion

The Distillers

Yeah, You get the picture


 

 

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you went from "Sing Sing Death House" to the D-beat originators. I put "The Young Crazed Peeling" on a lot of mix CD's back then. I love Ikara Colt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then jonder I have to slip in some Discharge. I was rude enough to catch Ikara Colt live in the local flea pit live rock bar...I tried chatting up their bassist Tracy after the gig...she was unfortunately spoken for

      Delete