Monday, 26 August 2019

Join Hands


This was Siouxsie And The Banshees second album, released on September 7th, 1979, featuring their single Playground Twist, which I arguably believe is their best, although it isn't often one says that about a band's second effort. The musical inventiveness here goes further from The Scream. It is a shame that John McKay and Kenny Morris left the group in acrimony right afterwards, as they both played a big part in this version of the Banshees in my opinion. McKay's simple but inventive and strategic guitar combined with Morris' martial-influenced playing and Siouxsie's incendiary vocals, which often (although this may sound long-winded) has the aura of a heroic Joan Of Arc-style warrior, although she would herself sneer at such a comparison. Of course a lot of people say she isn't really a singer, but since this is punk rock, who cares really?



Ripped from the 2006 expanded remaster to uncompromising FLAC

Siouxsie And The Banshees; Join Hands

1.      Poppy Day
2.      Regal Zone
3.      Placebo Effect
4.      Icon
5.      Premature Burial
6.      Playground Twist
7.      Mother Oh Mein Papa
8.      The Lords Prayer
9.      Love In A Void
10.   Infantry


  There's more Siouxsie lurking in the shadows here


10 comments:

  1. Dark , seminal , experimental totally underrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this album, it was my first Siouxsie album

      Delete
  2. I love this one too! Not a bad remaster per-se but original sound better (cranked up LOUD).
    My first Banshees contact was Juju (still my fave!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I don’t know, but what is age except a number

      Delete
  4. Peel sessions are impressive too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very impressive ( almost every Peel Sessions I've listened is impressive to me!)

      Delete
    2. The Banshees were always tight as a live band

      Delete
  5. Witnessed their The Rapture tour.. One of the best concerts I've been.

    ReplyDelete