Shamelessly borrowed from “Albums That Never Were” (a soniclovenoize
reconstruction)
What follows is a reconstruction of the unreleased 1980
debut album from The Misfits, 12 Hits From Hell, which was scrapped after
guitarist Bobby Steele was replaced by Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein. Some of the songs were instead released as 7”
singles and the remaining tracks were used as a demo to secure a record deal
and eventually re-recorded in 1982 as their seminal Walk Among Us. Although 12 Hits From Hell was given a modern
remix and remaster for a posthumous release in 2001, it was again vetoed and
scrapped by vocalist Glenn Danzig and bassist Jerry Only because of errors in
mastering, artwork and liner note credit.
This reconstruction ignores the posthumous 2001 remix and attempts to
collect only authentic mixes to assemble how the album would have sounded in
1980.
For this reconstruction, we will focus solely on the
original 1980 mixes of 12 Hits From Hell, for better or for worse; while
admittedly the 2001 remix sounds stunning, it is not what The Misfits sounded
like in 1980. Luckily all the
(presumably) vintage mixes are found on the 1996 Box Set in their best
mastering, making our task extremely easy!
The track list will follow the planned 2001 12 Hits remaster, as the CD
itself followed Danzig’s own handwritten track list from 1980, written on MSP
Studios stationary. The final touch is a
cover design that borrows from the 3 Hits From Hell EP, an art concept that is
as vintage as possible (also included is alternate cover art designed by Jon
Hunt of idesignalbumcovers). So without
further delay, put on your make-up…it’s time for an early
Halloween!
Ripped to mind-bending, time warping, horror masking MP3
@ 320kbps
The Misfits; 12 Hits From Hell
1. Halloween
2. Vampira
3. I
Turned Into A Martian
4. Skulls
5. London
Dungeon
6. Night
Of The Living Dead
7. Horror
Hotel
8. Ghoul’s
Night Out
9. Astro
Zombies
10. Where
Eagles Dare
11. Violent
World
12. Halloween
II

Probably my favorite band of all time!!! I love everything they released (even the new stuff)!
ReplyDeleteI never had the chance to see them live back in the early 80s, but I saw Danzig and Doyle play a Misfits set in the 90s. And I saw the "new" Misfits four times in the more recent years (with Black Flag drummer and guitarist).
While their new album clearly suffer without Danzig's contribution, I will tell you that, contrary to popular belief, they INCREDIBLY AWESOME live. Jerry Only and co really put on a hell of a show, extremely loud and fast!
GREAT SHARE
Thanks for your comments Faith, unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to see the Misfits here. Walk Among Us was the only Misfits record I ever owned.
DeleteCould yo please re-up these Misfit albums
ReplyDeleteMany thanks
I'm on holiday using free coffee shop wifi 😉 I'll re-up when I get home
Delete